PLC's Ambassador Program
Help us keep power affordable and available!
The PenLight Ambassador program is an effort to educate our members about the issues facing our electric cooperative. Our goal is to enlist your support in shaping public policy that affects electric rates, power supply and service.
Join the other 450 Ambassadors today and receive:
- POWERLINE and Live From Olympia newsletters
- Briefings on current issues
- Invitations to special receptions with elected officials
- Public recognition for your efforts and accomplishments
The PenLight Ambassador program is an effort to educate our members about issues facing our non-profit, electric cooperative. Our goal is to enlist your support in shaping public policy that affects electric rates, power supply and service.
Hot Topic -- An Update on PenLight Issues, December 2012 (pdf)
Live From Olympia -- January/February 2013 Newsletter (pdf)
Live From Olympia – March/April 2012 Newsletter (pdf)
Live From Olympia – February/March 2012 Newsletter (pdf)
Live From Olympia -- January 2012 Newsletter (pdf)
The electric utility industry is changing at a rapid pace. In the past, Peninsula Light Company (PenLight) could keep rates stable and power available for its members. Now, many non-profit utilities, like PenLight, are facing supply shortages and increasing electric rates for consumers.
The reasons for this - deregulation, fish recovery costs, and the misallocation of low cost Federal hydropower - are issues that you can influence. That's why we need your help.
PenLight Ambassadors are members who are willing to help keep power affordable and available for our non-profit utility. As a PenLight Ambassador, you will learn more about the issues facing our electric cooperative. In turn, we will ask you occasionally to contact policy makers about specific legislation that might hurt or help our non-profit utility.
Peninsula Light is owned by those we serve. We need your help and support to protect the best interests of our electric cooperative. Please take a minute to join the PenLight Ambassador program. We look forward to listing you as a supporter of PenLight!
CEO, Peninsula Light Company
What’s in the new energy act?
Energy Policy Act of 2005: Links to current information (pdf) The WSU Energy Library has developed this document with links to the full text of and current information about the new federal energy legislation, signed into law by President Bush on August 8, 2005. This page will be updated as new information about and analyses of the Act become available.
Your involvement in the program will help us fight for the biggest benefit of all - affordable rates! To stay current on the issues, PenLight Ambassadors will receive the following:
- POWERLINE and Live From Olympia, newsletters covering legislation and co-op communities in Washington State.
- Briefings on current issues affecting the electric utility industry.
- Invitations to receptions with elected officials sponsored by PenLight.
Similar grassroots networks are being formed by other public power utilities throughout the region. People want to be involved in shaping public policy that affects their member-owned utilities. Your involvement helps us keep rates affordable and strengthens local communities. As a PenLight Ambassador, we hope you will:
- Support the goals and objectives of your electric cooperative.
- Learn more about the benefits of belonging to a non-profit, public power utility.
- Provide feedback on Penlight programs and services.
- Write or call your elected officials (pdf) about legislation affecting rates, supply and service.
Are you ready to join the fight for affordable rates?
To join the program, go to the Electric Ambassador website or email us directly at email@example.com.
* Need Adobe® Reader to view PDF files? The download is free from Adobe.